Monday, June 14, 2010

My World Tuesday

While driving around to find a photogenic spot to try my new camera I passed the Hoensbroek castle again. Artists were building sand sculptures for a medieval festival on the grounds next to the castle. Visitors are not allowed to enter the site until the artists have finished the sculptures. I managed to take some pictures standing on the road nearby. Though they were at a distance of about 150 metres I zoomed in with my camera and was surprised at what I saw when I uploaded the photos. Very clear pictures. Amazing what you can do with sand and amazing what my simple camera did (again a Kodak Easy Share). A pity though that this was the only angle where I could see a little of the sculptures.

10 comments:

Barb said...

What intricate sand sculptures! How in the world does something that big hold together?

Sylvia K said...

Those are amazing and beautiful sand sculptures! Incredible capture, Cybele! What a lovely part of your world! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Al said...

That sand sculpture looks huge and intricate. It would be awesome to get up close to something like that.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. They are making wonders in sand. You have got a nice shot.

Carver said...

I am amazed at what artist can do with sand. I think you did a great job photographing the sand sculpture.

dianasfaria.com said...

nice job with your new toy! thanks for sharing your pretty pictures.
: )

Joe Todd said...

sand sculptures one of my favorite things

Arija said...

It looks very Zen, all that work for a short time of display.

Simone de Klerk said...

Ik wist niet eens dat dit momenteel in Hoensbroek is. Knap fotografeer werk met je camera!

Willeke de la Chambre said...

Wat leuk dat je er een heel blogje voor hebt opgezet.
Ik was het ergens tegengekomen en dacht...Oh leuk daar kan ik wel aan meedoen. Heb je ook een idee, wie het gestart is of ben jij dat?

hartelijke groet en geniet van het lekkere weer!